Saturday, July 24, 2010

Toronto…the finale

So I told you I had fun when I was away right?  But unless you follow me on Twitter or on Facebook (Judy Chiappini) you may not know what exactly I was up to…

It was a friend of mine’s birthday and he invited me to a party at his house…

We had some dips (roasted red pepper and egg plant)…
DSC_0440

Some marinated and grilled shrimp…
DSC_0489
Grilled Octopus…
DSC_0496
Salads…
DSC_0498
Bulgar salad (Paula) (Photo courtesy of Paula @ Dragon’s Kitchen)

Potato Salad (Paula) (Photo courtesy of Paula @ Dragon’s Kitchen)

Grilled Pork Belly…
DSC_0504
DSC_0525
Homemade Chicken Gyro’s…
DSC_0435

with homemade tzatziki, tomatoes, and onions…DSC_0508

And then came the cake…
DSC_0533

DSC_0545

You see how lucky I am???  Have you guessed who’s birthday it was yet?

Peter @ Kalofagas had a birthday!!!
DSC_0518

and I got to meet Paula @ The Dragon’s Kitchen
DSC_0514
And Jasmine @ Confessions of a Cardamom Addict
Jasmine 
photo courtesy of Paula @ Dragon’s Kitchen

Can you believe how lucky I was to be invited to this Greek feast?  Peter single handedly prepared and served us all night long.  Paula did make the birthday cake and it is by far one of my all time faves…Lemon Meringue Cake!

We were able to meet up with Paula and Peter once again but just for a quick bite to eat after we went to the Science Center to see Harry Potter The Exhibition!  Still a little bit of time with 2 of my favorite bloggers and friends is better than no time at all…

DSC_0297 photo courtesy of Paula @ Dragon’s Kitchen

Loved meeting Paula (xoxoxo) and Jasmine and seeing Peter again!!!  Thank you for making this a memorable trip for me and can’t wait to do it all again next year…lamb on a spit right????

signature

10 comments:

Anne Coleman said...

Yaay! What a wonderful feast! Jealous ;) I'd love to have Peter wait on me hand and foot.

Peter M said...

Judy, so glad you made it to my home, happy with how the day and food turned out and I think we should make it an annual "do".

Thanks for the link-luv.

Unknown said...

Happiest of days and now you will need to rest up from all that food.

Brooke
http://www.momentsofelegance.com

http://abebedorespgondufo.blogs.sapo.pt/ said...

Very good.

Dragon said...

Yay! Loved spending time with you and your girls. Can't wait to do it all over again. xoxo

Jacqueline Meldrum said...

Lucky you! The salads look amazing and that cake, mmmmmmmmm!

Timeless Gourmet said...

WOW! What a spread, everything looks fantastic!

Thistlemoon said...

Looks so fantastic!

Davenz said...

Those food are amazing...I like it!
custom bedroom furniture

grace said...

we need to have a word about that awesome gyro meat--my stars! every single platter of food looks amazing. what a fun time in the land of canada!