Saturday, October 24, 2009

Pecan Pie Bars

 P1020092-1

These are soooooo good!  I would never lie to you about something so wonderfully ooey, gooey and somewhat in some places chewy!

My friend Marye Audet very generously sent me a copy of her new cookbook “The Everything Cookies and Brownies Cookbook”.  This book is part of the “The Everything” series of books.  And what a great addition to the series it is!

I love baking cookies and brownies so this one is right up my alley…it has frosted cookies, filled cookies (with ideas for fillings), brownies, bar cookies, drop cookies and get this…even some that are good for shipping.

If you are looking for a comprehensive, all in one spot cookie and brownie book this one is it.  This book even has a section for special needs, as in gluten free and egg/dairy free.

Love the book Marye and congrats on a job well done!  I can’t wait to try out the rest of the delicious recipes!!!

 P1020097-1

Pecan Pie Bars (from The Everything Cookies & Brownies Cookbook – recipe reprinted with Marye Audet’s permission)

Ingredients:

Crust:

3 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup unsalted butter

Topping:

1-1/2 cups light corn syrup
4 eggs
3/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla
3 cups chopped pecans
1 cup chocolate chips, optional (I used 1/2 cup scattered on the crust of half of the jelly roll pan)

Directions:

  • Preheat oven to 350F.  Line 10” x 15” jelly roll pan with parchment, allowing it to overhang sides and ends slightly.
  • Stir together flour, 1/2 cup sugar and salt.  Cut in 1 cup butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press firmly into the pan.
  • Bake 20 minutes.
  • Mix together corn syrup, eggs, remaining sugars, 3 tablespoons of butter, and vanilla; whisk until smooth. Stir in pecans, pour over hot crust. If using the chocolate chips add them before you pour the topping on the crust.
  • Bake 25 minutes or until set.  Cool completely before cutting into bars.

As Always…

Happy Entertaining!!!

Judy
www.nofearentertaining.com

11 comments:

glamah16 said...

Isnt't Marye awesome. Im so proud of her. I cant wait to crack a recipe in it today. This would be great on the Holiday table.

test it comm said...

Those bars look so good!

kellypea said...

Jeez I love these things. Could be tempted to make these for a late brekkie today!

Inspired by eRecipeCards said...

These are wonderful. I love pecans in desserts. A keeper.

Thanks for the post and review

Karine said...

Your bars look delicious.
Thanks for sharing!

elly said...

Mmm, I LOVE pecan bars! These look fab.

Thistlemoon said...

Marye is awesome! You are so lucky to have gotten her book, already! I have it on my list!

Deeba PAB said...

What a brilliant book Judy...love what you made from it. Was sitting with my fingers crossed hoping you would post the recipe. Love Marye & can just imagine how good her book is!

Megan said...

I love pecan pie and these bars look fabulous! And I wont feel as guilty eating a bar as I would a Piece of pie! LOL

Robin said...

I love how the bars look: as if I could reach in and eat one from the screen!

Shelby said...

ohhh, I would so love one of these right now!