I am starting to feel a little guilty about not having helped you out a whole lot with your entertaining plans this year! I have been going full tilt the last week or so which is normal for most of us getting ready for Thanksgiving.
This is just a guide line of what I do to prepare:
1) Set my guest list: This year we have 13 people coming. Of that number I have 5 children.
2) Make a list of all the menu items I am going to be making:
I have asked my guests to bring a dish of their choice. That wasy everyone gets to share in the meal!
3) Make a list of all the ingredients that I will need.
4) Go through my pantry and freezer to cross of the list what I already have.
5) The last list is of all the items I need to purchase. This list is broken down by store (Costco, Publix etc.)
Hope this helps in getting you organized this year!
For some really good recipes this year my friend Jerry over at Cooking...by the seat of my Pants! has done a post featuring some of his best Turkey Day recipes!