Friday, November 7, 2008

Happy Friday!


Some weeks definitely feel longer than others! This was one of them. Not sure why and it's not even in a bad way that it's felt long. Anyway, I made us some cookies!

Remember the Pumpkin Butter that I made? Turns out a little goes a long way. Even after everyone snacking on it and all there was still about a cup leftover and it looked like everyone had had their fill.

I Googled "recipes using pumpkin butter". I was amazed by all the options I had. I settled on cookies. Fast, easy and a guaranteed hit.

Pumpkin Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies (recipe adapted from Muirhead Recipes)

Ingredients:

1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated white sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 to 3/4 cup pumpkin butter (
homemade or store bought)
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
3 cups oats, uncooked
1 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Beat together butter and sugars until creamy. Add eggs, vanilla, and Pumpkin Butter. Beat well. Combine flour, baking soda, and cinnamon. Mix in flour mixture, oats, and raisins. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet and flatten dough if desired. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool several minutes on cookie sheet and move to wire rack. Makes about 4 1/2 dozen cookies.

This was an excellent way to use up the leftover pumpkin butter and I think these are going with me to our 2nd monthly Friday Potluck Event...now to work on the pumpkin puree!!!

As Always...

Happy Entertaining!!!

Judy
www.nofearentertaining.com

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those sound fantastic! Oatmeal cookies are great - I can almost convince myself they're sorta healthy. Thanks for the great recipe!!!

Clumbsy Cookie said...

Oh good! Fridays are allways better with cookies, thanks for making them for us, lol! Where can I get mine?

Thistlemoon said...

Oh yummy Judy! I love these cookies! MMMMMMMM...

Peter M said...

Very creative used of the pumpkin butter. You're making dunking cookies into milk a whole new experience.

Cathy - wheresmydamnanswer said...

Those look great and I love the addition of the pumpkin butter.. A fun twist on an old favorite!!

Mansi said...

hmmm...they do look nice and gooey! haven't tried pumpkin butter yet, but I'm game to give this a shot!

btw, would you care to send this in for my vegetarian thanksgiving recipe event?:)

sj said...

yum yum yum! Looks amazing!

Heather said...

Wow, people sure find a lot of ways to use pumpkin! Great way to get some extra Vitamin K, I guess. :)

Susan @ SGCC said...

Oooh! What a great idea! Those cookies look and sound so good! I happen to have some pumpkin butter in my fridge too. :)

Sweet Treats by Dani said...

u keep making my "to-make" list longer with all these great posts :)