Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!!!

Happy Father's Day to all the Dad's out there! I wish I could be with mine on Father's day but the distance is just too great. Love you Dad!

My girls got up in the middle of the night last night and cleaned out our office as a Father's Day gift to T. Isn;t that sweet??? Unfortunately seeing as they did this from 3:30 in the morning until about 5 when I heard them, they are a little tired and cranky today!

Onto something totally not food related or Father's day related...the weather!



This video was taken from my front window looking towards the street. I couldn't even open the front door to get a better shot. I was startled when I was taking it by a strike of lightening which seemed like it was right out there!!!

This was right when the storm started. See my pool is already very full. I ended up with water up to my sliders but not any higher thank goodness!

We have been having really horrendous weather. Even worse then we normally get this time of year. Friday afternoon we had s storm develop right over top of us (we are on the coast and when the seabreeze coming off the water is not strong enough to push the developing storms inland they tend to build right above us). And was it wild. The lightening and thunder where just constant. The rain was so loud it sounded like a roar. We had tornadoes from these storm several days last week.

The one Friday though was the worst. Several homes were damaged. The flooding was so bad that when we went for dinner (meeting friends) and as we were driving down the main road I saw three coconuts floating past us on the road!!! LOL. The only way you could maneuver down the streets was by driving between the mailboxes! It was a bit drier yesterday and we didn't have any rain at our house. I guess it's either feast of famine...2 weeks ago we were the driest place in the state now officially we are the wettest!

Have a great day!

As Always...

Happy Entertaining!!!

Judy
www.nofearentertaining.com

3 comments:

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

It seems like stormy weather everywhere these days. Is it my imagination or are they getting more frequent?I have friends that live in Sorrento and they "baton down the hatches" a couple of times a year:D

Heather said...

If I had an enclosed swimming pool I'd probably never leave the house. I love thunderstorms! But they don't turn into hurricanes here. :\

Judy@nofearentertaining said...

Hi Val-I really think this is just regular spring time weather...maybe a bit later then normal???

Oh Heather it is hard to leave the house but food, the kids, the dogs, hubby etc. make it impossible to stay home ALL the time!!! I generally like storms but that one was a little hairy. I would rather have hurricanes that they can see days ahead of time then earthquakes and tornadoes which are so unpredictable! I get plenty of notice and then evacuate!