Thursday, February 28, 2008

What is this????

What is this? At the Farmer's Market they told be it was cauliflower and I would hate to use it in something that I wanted cauliflower in when it was broccoli????
Looks like broccoli to me????

When I went to Worden Farm Farmer Market yesterday I bought a ton of stuff but every week I try to buy one thing that I have never cooked with before and will have to challenge myself and family (by eating it). This week I bought Leeks. I don't think that I have ever even tasted a leek but T. was really excited and told me that I need to make creamed leeks with smoked Gouda. So I bought everything that I need to do this so now I just have to find a minute to do it!

I also bought this purple cauliflower. Does it look like cauliflower to you? It looks like broccoli, acts like broccoli and strangely enough, it even tastes like broccoli...but they told me it was cauliflower!!! Any ideas?

Yogurt
Blackberries cooking down for the blackberry yogurt!

Boiling the milk for the yogurt!

I started another batch of yogurt today. The bad thing about this is that it takes about 11 to 12 hours to incubate the yogurt so I am finding that I have to either make it first thing in the morning or late at night for it to be done at a good time for me. This time I made 2 jars plain (my oldest daughter keeps telling me that she likes it plain) and the rest I made blackberry (yummmm!). They should be done around 11 so that isn't too bad and the girls will have fresh yogurt for breakfast in the morning! I need to figure out how to make granola so they can have some of that to mix in!

As Always...

Happy Entertaining!!!

Judy
www.nofearentertaining.com

5 comments:

Thistlemoon said...

YUM YUM YUM!
I love this yogurt kick you are on. I want some Judyyyyyyy!

And I am with you, that be broccoli.

Judy@nofearentertaining said...

Thanks Jenn - gotta be broccoli! I did the same fanatical thing with my bread machine when I first got it...then put it away for a year or so. Now I use it all the time. We don't buy bread. Hopefully I'll get the yogurt perfected before we get tired of it!

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

Hey Judy does it look like this...that is purple broccoli.....http://www.recipetips.com/glossary-term/t--37555/purple-broccoli.asp

and not this

http://www.flickr.com/photos/themarmot/2228175172/

Anonymous said...

it's purple sprouting broccoli you got there.

Judy@nofearentertaining said...

Well guys thanks so much for doing all of my figuring for me! I guess they told me wrong. It tastes really good anyway and I'm' sure the girls will love steamed purple broccoli!