Wednesday, February 13, 2008

The best chocolate chip cookies EVER!!!


Can you tell that I liked them? These cookies were so good and I have been trying to really stay away from the sweets and all but those pretty much did me in! I got the recipe from Jill at Simple Daily Recipes which is one of my favorite food blogs. It has straight forward easy to follow recipes. She also runs the Great Cooks Blogroll which is showing up on more food blogs every day!

Anyway, enough about Jill...

Best Chocolate Chip Cookies EVER!

  • 1 cup packed dark brown sugar (I only had light brown sugar so I added 1 Tbs molasses)
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup healthy egg substitute, or 2 eggs
  • 2 1/2 cups flour
  • 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt
  • 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

Heat oven to 375F degrees.

Beat sugars and butter in large bowl with mixer on medium speed until fluffy, about 3-5 minutes. Beat in vanilla and eggs. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop dough 1/4 cupfuls (I used a small scoop so I got smaller cookies) about 2 inches apart on ungreased (or silpat covered) cookie sheet.

Bake 11-13 minutes to until edges are light brown (middle will be soft). Cool 3-5 minute; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Store in an airtight container to keep fresh and soft.

Maybe it was the dark brown sugar (or molasses) which gives these such great flavor but whatever it is I will make these again!!!

This makes it soooo hard to cook in my small kitchen - Huge Dog takes up some prime real estate...right in front of the sink and between 2 counter tops!!!

As Always...

Happy Entertaining!!!

Judy
www.nofearentertaining.com

9 comments:

Danni said...

Hmmm...they look and sound heavenly. Now, I noticed that you've got a couple of ingredients near the bottom that I need a bit more info on. "3/4 tsp"....? Is this possibly what makes them so good? Secret ingredients?! :-)

Danni said...

p.s. you have beautiful kitchen cabinets, by the way. i love the rich, warm color.

Thistlemoon said...

What a cute doggie!

Judy@nofearentertaining said...

farmgirl_dk - you are so funny! I have fixed the recipe!!! And thanks about the kitchen...that was a complete house renovation about 3 years ago compliments of Hurricane Charley which blew our roof away! The goos part is that I love my house now and got to renovate it!

Jenndz - Thanks and he is very cute a 13 month old Golden Retriever to play with the girls...and does he ever take hisjob seriously!

Danni said...

Oh yay - thanks! I think I'll make these today as a surprise for my husband and youngest son. Though, now I have another dilemma....whether they were so good because of the dark brown sugar or because of your modification with the molasses (I have both ingredients!)....

Jill@SimpleDailyRecipes.com said...

Didn't I tell you that you would want to stash a few away for yourself for later?
Those were not mere words, my friend.

Seeing your pictures makes me want to go make another batch.

(blue jeans feeling tighter these days...Now I know why my grandmother loved those polyester stretch pants so much.)

Anonymous said...

I like having my golden retriever as a vacuum while cooking too! lol

Judy@nofearentertaining said...

Hey JoAnn-They are so good for that!!!

Maria said...

I love a warm cookie! Looking good. Your dog is so precious. I had a Golden growing up, I want another one but hubs is allergic.