Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Not Traditional Chicken Pot Pie!



Tuesday nights are kinda crazy in the Chiappini house. The children stay at school until 3:30 so my youngest one can stay for "stretch and grow". After I pick them up they have a bit of time to play and get some homework done then it's onto Karate and Ice Skating. T. takes the oldest to Karate and I take the youngest to Skating. We aren't able to get back home until about 7:30 or so. Makes dinner time kind of late. We have tried to eat before but it is just too rushed. So now we are eating after. T. gets home early than us so he usually makes dinner on Tuesday. I wasn't kidding when I said it was hectic!

Last night we had a great idea. Let's finish up the gravy and part of a rotisserie chicken that we had over the weekend. I pulled out some frozen pie crust and let that thaw all day so all he had to do when he got home was to heat the chicken with the gravy and a can of potatoes (must be some old hurricane supplies, can't imagine why I would have those???!!!) and some chopped up onion. Put it in the pie shell and topped it and egg washed it and plopped it in the oven until the pie crust was done.

Wasn't that a nice fast and easy way to use up the leftovers and make a good dinner?

As Always...

Happy Entertaining!!!

Judy
www.nofearentertaining.com

No comments: