Saturday, November 3, 2007

Never tell us that it's a secret!!!

We got an invite last night to a surprise happy hour for one of our friends. She has just graduated from grad school and her husband wanted to surprise her with a small party in her honor...Congrats Shell!!! She did all of this part time from home with 2 little babies. Very impressive feat! This is all well and good, but along we come and maybe, we sure hope not, give away the surprise.

It has been a really busy couple of days. I attended a fundraiser last night at a model home in our area. It was to benefit our local chapter of the ABWA. It was a really nice night out.

This morning we got up early and made the girls some French Toast from some leftover homemade bread and then went on the skating rink. After skating we had to go shopping to get a birthday present for another of our friend's little boys b-day party which was this afternoon and a gift for our graduate friend. So we tell the girls that we have a really busy day and they need to try to behave for us. Of course they asked us what we were doing today and not thinking we told them. They were pretty excited to be going to 2 parties in one day!!! This is where it all started to go down hill. It suddenly occurred to me that my graduate friend would be at the birthday party earlier in the afternoon. Now I am a little sleep deprived right now...it's been a long week what with Halloween and all of the other things that we have going on so my judgement may be a little off...I actually told my 5 year old that the happy hour party was a surprise!!! What a fool am I??? You tell a 5 year old that she has to keep a secret from her 5 year old friend and you are just setting her up for failure!!! Not 5 minutes after they saw each other did I see my little one whispering to her little friend. What the H*#@ was I suppose to do then? I decide that to say anything else would just be a huge disaster so I just let it go. I guess we will find out in about an hour how much damage we cause!!!

Whatever you do don't tell us a secret!!!

Hope you are having a great weekend and sharing it with your friends or family!

As Always...

Happy Entertaining!!!

Judy
www.nofearentertaining.com

No comments: