Tuesday, October 16, 2007

More Muffins???!!!


Apple Muffins

I guess I thought that they liked them! The kids really never told me that they didn't like muffins so how would I know? I just kept making them. I guess yesterday ws the last batch though. I think they are such a great idea for a rushed morning. Give them a nice healthy muffn to start the day! Oh well back to the drawing board. Maybe I can come up with some type of muffin/cookie that they would eat???

Apple Muffins (adapted from allrecipes.com)

Ingredients:

2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup apple juice (add a splash more if it seems to dry)
1/3 cup vegetable or canola oil
1 egg
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 cup apples (peeled, cored and diced)

Directions:

  1. Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease bottoms only of 12 muffin cups or line with baking cups.
  2. In a medium bowl, combine flour, ugar, baking powdr, cinnamon, and salt. Mix well. In a small bowl combine apple juice, oil and egg. Blend well. Add dry ingredients all at once; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened (batter will be lumpy). Stir in chopped apples.
  3. Fill cups 2/3 full. Bake for 18 to 22 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centert somes out clean. Cool 1 minute before removing from pan. Serve warm or cover and store for a quick breakfast during the week!

As Always...



Happy Entertaining!!!


Judy

http://www.nofearentertaining.com/

No comments: