Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Becoming Cosmopolitan

Oh what a wonderful night I had!!! I attended a fundraiser event last night for one of our local charities. The location was absolutely breathtaking. It was at the Heitman House in Fort Myers, FL which is a beautiful historic house that sits on the river. The grounds and gardens are amazingly beautiful add to it some food and beverages and a houseful of women with one like minded purpose - to help raise money for a very special cause (read: shopping) - and you have a definite recipe for success! I really have no idea how much money was raised but I am sure that it will be put to excellent use. This event benefited CCMI, the umbrella agency for Meals on Wheels, the Soup Kitchen, Faith in Action, and the Hands & Hearts Montessori Preschool.

I wish I had pictures to show you but with my sexy little black purse there was no way to smuggle a camera in! Also I was having enough problems trying to bid on silent auction items, shop, drink and eat all at the same time so I am pretty sure that the pictures would not have been worth seeing!!!

Please support your local charities in any way you can. Even if you can't financially support them your time is valuable to them as well!!

As Always...

Happy Entertaining!!!

Judy
www.nofearentertaining.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kudos to you Judy!

I ran my first mama marathon recently for breast cancer, although exhausting I felt 10 feet tall afterwards. Funny thing I've found about donating time...you feel like you get more than you give.

Eddie